For my ever first real DIY project, I decided I would design and build myself a queen bed frame out of hardwood (wormy chestnut).
Started with an idea, sketched it out, then took it into SketchUp for a 3D model of it. Ordered a lot of wood for the project as I was wary that I might stuff some of it up along the way… in the end I used about 30 metres of timber for the bed, and still have about 10+ spare for bedside tables.
The build took about approx. 80 hours of effort over a handful of weekends. Thankfully had some help for some of it or it would’ve taken a fair bit longer. Start to finish was around a month of work. It was certainly a lot to bite off, but it all came together very well in the end and I couldn’t be happier with it!
The slats came from IKEA, and the side rail and centre rail brackets came from here: https://elraco.com.au/index.php/bed-brackets-c-25_784_1036